Every month, UncoveringPA lists 10 things do around Pennsylvania. These lists have proven to be very popular and attract a significant amount of positive attention to the events listed.
Before you submit your event for consideration, please read this entire page. There are some simple rules that I ask you to follow when submitting your events.
The most important thing to understand is that submitting your event in no way guarantees you a listing in the monthly countdown. It simply assures that I will consider adding your event. (If you want to be guaranteed placement, please scroll down to the section concerning advertisements.)
Because we strive to make this list as awesome as possible, we may choose not to include your submitted event. We mean no offense to you as we know you believe your event is special. However, with thousands of things going on around Pennsylvania each month, picking only 10 is quite challenging and demands strict standards for the list.
To ensure you don’t waste our time or yours, please consider the following:
- Your event should be of significant historical or cultural importance (National touring acts, or even local touring acts, are VERY unlikely to meet this standard).
- If your event is an ongoing event that lasts longer than a month, please tell us specifically why we should include it this month (i.e. it starts this month, it ends this month, etc.).
- If your event spans two months, please submit it for the month it is primarily in.
- Please ensure that your event would be of interest to travelers both inside and outside of Pennsylvania.
- Preference is given to events that are free or support a non-profit organization, but meeting these criteria does not guarantee inclusion.
- Again remember, all decisions on what is and is not included in the list is solely up to the discretion of UncoveringPA. Submitting your event does not guarantee inclusion in the list.
- Please do not submit events more than three months in advance. Early submission does not improve your chances of inclusion (except for guaranteed listings mentioned below).
- To be considered, submissions must be received prior to the 1st of the month before to the event (i.e. March 1 for April events).
Want to guarantee your event will be listed?
We offer two guaranteed listing spots in the monthly roundup of upcoming events. Guaranteed listings are accepted on a first come, first served basis and will receive placement in the top two spots on the list, ensuring the most possible attention. The first ad received will be listed on top, and the second ad received will be listed second. On average, these articles receive over 4,000 page views each.
The cost for a guaranteed listing is $125 for one month. Payment by first-time advertisers is due prior to publication. Payment by existing advertisers in good standing is due within three business days of publication. At the end of your event description, your event will be marked as “[Sponsored]” to comply with FTC regulations. All copy for the page will be written by UncoveringPA. (See an example here.)
Should you submit a paid listing, and none are available, we will consider your event as we would any other listing. Please note that we reserve the right to deny any guaranteed listing prior to payment for any reason and at our sole discretion. Events must be of interest to PA travelers and will be denied at our sole discretion if they are not.
We also offer newsletter sponsorships that can send your event to nearly 10,000 of our most loyal followers. Note in the form below if you would like more information on sponsoring a newsletter to get the word out about your event.
To submit your guaranteed listing or a listing for consideration of inclusion, please fill out the form below. We will be in contact with payment information or any questions that we may have.